Environmental Resolutions, Inc. (ERI) performs traffic engineering services for local, county and state agencies, as well as for Planning/Zoning and Land Use Boards. ERI understands the potential hazards for communities that are associated with outdated traffic equipment and confusing travel patterns. Our professionals will work with you to address issues that affect motorists and pedestrians in your community and help ensure that your roadway improvements are safe and efficient.
ERI is extremely knowledgeable with the “Context Sensitive Solutions in Designing Major Urban Thoroughfares” manual, and we understand the need to balance safety and mobility needs with adjoining land uses and the environment.
ERI projects range from small to large scale and include, but are not limited to, the following services:
- Analysis and consultation with local municipalities and residents to resolve local traffic-related issues such as traffic calming alternatives, sight distance issues, crosswalk and signage installations, speed studies and alternatives to reduce speed limits, pavement markings, landscaping, lighting and roadway modifications
- Conceptual layout for roadway intersections
- Design of roadway improvements, electrical plans, and signalized and non-signalized intersections which incorporate pedestrian crosswalks, islands and pedestrian signal indications
- Design of several projects which incorporate bike paths, bike lanes and recreational/walking paths/trails
- Guiderail Warrant Analysis
- NJDOT Access Permitting
- Planning and analysis of potential improvements and alternatives
- Reviews for NJ Statutes Title 39 – Motor Vehicles and Traffic Regulation
- Studies for parking, speed, traffic impact and traffic calming
- Traffic Control Plans and Details
- Traffic Counts Analysis
- Traffic Signal Warrant Analysis, design, and signage and striping design
ERI can prepare grant applications to assist you with securing funds for your traffic and related projects. We have obtained millions of dollars for our clients under NJDOT Municipal Aid, NJDOT Discretionary Aid, NJDOT Bikeways, NJDOT Safe Streets to Transit (SSTT), Safe Routes to Schools (SRTS) and Safe, Accountable, Flexible, Efficient, Transportation Equity Act (SAFETEA-LU).