The Friends Meeting House was built in the1840’s by the Hicksite Sect of the Religious Society of Friends in the center of the Village of Medford and was used as a place of worship until 1955. It has been vacant for over twenty years. The Township took ownership of the building in 2008 and used a Historic Site Management Grant totaling $50,000 plus additional capital funds to help fund the structure’s preservation plan.
In 2022, the Township requested an investigation into the structural components and integrity of the building, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. ERI performed a visual site inspection and reviewed the Historical Structures Report (HSR) prepared in 2011 by Historic Building Architects, LLC. Both the inspection and historical information was summarized in an engineer’s report to the Township, with the understanding that there is interest in the building’s potential future use as a restaurant.